Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Travel Bug

It's been a while since I've last put up a post so to make it short and sweet, here's what the Hofheins have been up to:

June 23 - Becky came home off her mission. (Finally, I'm sick of her being gone!)
July 1st - I flew out to Oxford, England to be awesome Aunt Katie. Vivian Blythe Pulham was born.
July 14th - Flew back home to Utah.
July 16th-18th - Chris Merritt weekend.
July 29th - Drove to California with Kathy and Al.
July 30th - Cami flew home off her mission and we picked her up in Sacramento.
July 31st - Dustin's cousin got married. He's got such a great family out in California. I wish they weren't so far away!
August 1 - Flew to Hawaii
August 6th - Flew back home (sad day)

So in April I was bugging Dustin about how I haven't gone anywhere for so long. I've got this ridiculous travel bug in me that goes nuts after a year or two if I haven't gone anywhere. He's always wanting to "save money" for school and responsible things like that. I hate when he does that because I know I'll lose that battle. He's so logical sometimes. But as you can see I was so lucky this summer to go so many places! England was so great, I love going there and being with my family. I love the beauty and culture of that place, and then there's Hawaii....I don't know if it was because I had Dustin with me but I could have just stayed there and been content and happy forever. My mom rented this great house in Laie for my family to stay at and it was so wonderful. Every morning we'd wake up at 6 am, put our swimsuits on and play in the ocean, go snorkeling, we even did a hike.... Life doesn't get much better then that. I even slept great there (and for those of you that know me that is rare). I was so sad to come home. (Hence "sad day" from my August 6th date.)
Here's a collage of pictures (that I did my best to narrow down) from our past month:







3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So when are you two gonna travel to Texas?? we miss you! :)

dydili said...

Looks like a pretty amazing summer! So glad I got to be a small part of it!

Nic said...

Looks like you had really fun vacations this summer! Good seeing you it had been too long